About The Firm
Greenway Law Firm was founded in 2017 with an aim to provide excellent legal services to the injured and to small businesses. That aim has not changed.
Our Core Values
Integrity. Community. Diligence. Fairness. Excellence
To us, relationships are paramount. We believe that in order to provide excellent service, we must get to know our clients. So it follows that our clients become like family. We ensure that they have the tools needed to make sound business decisions and protect their life’s work. We are thorough, and determined to get the best results for our clients – in and outside of the courtroom. We guide clients through some of the most painful and traumatic times of their lives. Ultimately, when clients hire us, they gain an attorney and advocate for life.
About Elana Greenway Faniel
Elana was born abroad in a military family and bred in Tampa, Florida. She earned her B.S. in criminology and minored in fashion design at Florida State University. She received her Juris Doctor from the Howard University School of Law, where she served as a Senior Staff Editor of the Howard Law Journal.
While in law school, Elana served as a student attorney for the Intellectual Property & Trademark Clinic, where she assisted business clients in registering their trademarks with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. She was also very active in her law school’s Intellectual Property Student Association. In addition, Elana worked as a law clerk at several state and federal governmental agencies, including the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia.
Elana began her career in Florida at a boutique personal injury law firm, assisting personal injury victims with their claims. Since then, she has helped many recover not only monetary compensation, but recover from the pain, difficulty and trauma caused by someone else’s negligence.
Elana is an experienced litigator, as she has successfully litigated numerous cases before federal and state courts, as well as the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Elana routinely helps creative professionals and businesses protect, manage, and enforce their intellectual property and serves at outside general counsel for business in varied industries. Elana enjoys educating her clients and the public on business and intellectual property-related matters, so they can better navigate the often-troubled legal waters.
When she is not working hard for her clients, she is spending time with her husband and baby girl, cheering on the FSU Seminoles, and planning her next getaway.
- The Florida Bar, 2014 – Present
- Business Law Section, Intellectual Property Committee Member, 2021 – Present
- Tampa Bay Inn of Court, 2016-2018
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, 2016 – Present
- Section Co-Chair, 2020 – Present
- S.C.O.R.E. Association Member and Mentor, 2019 – 2021
- George Edgecomb Bar Association Member, 2020 – Present
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Elana Greenway Faniel, Effects of the Trademark Modernization Act of 2020, LAWYER (Hillsborough Cnty. Bar Ass’n., Tampa, Fla.), Mar. – Apr. 2021, at 38.
- Elana Greenway Faniel, The Limited Copyright Protection for Playing Cards, LANDSLIDE (American Bar Association) Jan. – Feb. 2021, at 14.
- Elana Greenway Faniel, Reaction Videos and Fair Use; A Youtuber’s Win, LAWYER (Hillsborough Cnty. Bar Ass’n., Tampa, Fla.), Jan. – Feb. 2018, at 36.
- Elana Greenway, Lack of IP Knowledge Creates Disadvantage for Fashion Designers, INST. FOR THE INTELL. PROP. & SOC. JUST. Q. (Inst. for the Intellectual Prop. & Soc. Justice, Inc., D.C.), Feb. 2011, at 2.
What Our Clients Are Saying
I began working with Elana several years ago when she assisted me with the start of my non profit organization. Elana was very knowledgeable, professional and responded back in a timely manner with answers to any questions I had. Elana has since assisted with several business matters and continues to show professionalism. I will definitely be using Greenway Law Firm in the future.